Interscapular pain is the pain between shoulder blade.
Interscapular pain is very common and can be due to muscles strained from poor posture or can be a sign from other serious conditions such as cancer or heart disease.
What are the possible causes?
- Muscle strain is the most common cause that may developed from poor posture such as prolong sitting or standing in a position
- Herniated or bulging disc: degenerative disc disease irritate nerves in the spine causes pain between shoulder
- Arthritis: in the neck or rib may also lead to interscapular pain
- Heart attack
- Cancer such as oesophageal cancer, mesothelioma, lymphomas, liver cancer may causes referral pain to the interscapular region
How to relieve the pain?
- Apply ice/ hot
- Massage it out
- Visit health care provider
Prepared by Yin Di
Physiotherapist of Your Physio Kota Kemuning